October 16, 2021
The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) wants your input on largemouth bass aquaculture for food. Recent statutory changes now allow the in-state production and sale of aquaculture Florida largemouth bass as a food fish. The FWC is hosting several public meetings on rule changes to protect the genetic integrity of Florida largemouth bass, (Micropterus salmoides floridanus). Fisheries management staff will draft rule language to:
- Allow for production and sale of Florida largemouth bass.
- Incorporate genetic authentication standards.
- Establish documentation, verification and inspection processes.
- Prohibit the importation and transport of live largemouth bass into Florida except for genetically authenticated Florida largemouth bass.
Share your input by attending one of these public meetings. Workshops will begin at 6 p.m. ET unless noted.
- October 18: Virtual meeting via Microsoft Teams Join conversation (microsoft.com)
- October 19: Virtual meeting via Microsoft Teams Join conversation (microsoft.com)
- October 20: Virtual Meeting Via Microsoft Teams Join conversation (microsoft.com)
- October 21: Ruskin — Tropical Aquaculture Laboratory, 1408 24th SE, Ruskin, FL 33570