May 25, 2021
Big fishing for little hearts
May 13-15, 2021, at the City Docks in Palatka, Fla.
This year’s highlights:
· More than $48,000 in cash prizes will be awarded.
· Now in its 32nd year, the tournament is recognized as one of the largest bass fishing tournaments in Florida.
· Public may enter a drawing for a chance to win a 21’ 2021 Bullet Boat model 21SDC with matching tandem Boatmate trailer and Mercury 250 Pro XS outboard motor, courtesy of Bullet Boats and Mercury Marine, valued at $58,000. All proceeds from the drawing will benefit the Wolfson Children’s C. Herman and Mary Virginia Terry Heart Institute. To enter the bass boat drawing, please visit wolfsonbasstournament.com. Ticket sales close at 8 am on May 21.
· This year’s grand prize drawing will be broadcast on Facebook Live on Saturday, May 22 at 11 am.
· Wolfson Children’s Hospital challenges anglers across the Southeast to attend this year’s tournament and beat the event’s record of 688 boating participants.
· Since its inception, the tournament has raised more than $5 million for Wolfson Children’s Hospital of Jacksonville.
Featured events include:
· Thursday, May 13: Lads & Lasses Tournament (1 male, 1 female boater). Palatka City Docks.
· Friday, May 14: VIP & Friends Tournament (Sponsor Boats pre-fish). Palatka City Docks.
· Saturday, May 15: 32nd Annual Wolfson Children’s Hospital Bass Tournament. Late registration opens at 2 am. Boats launch from the Palatka City Docks at safe light.
Register online or applications will be accepted at the Palatka City Docks from 2-4 pm on Thursday, May 13, and Friday, May 14, and from 2-8 am on Saturday, May 15. The Palatka City Docks are located at 309 River Street, Palatka, Fla. 32177.
· Thursday, May 13: Weigh-in begins at 3 pm. Lads & Lasses winners announced.
· Friday, May 14: Weigh-in begins at 3 pm. VIP & Friends winners announced.
· Saturday, May 15: Weigh-in begins at 3 pm.
o Weigh-ins continue in 15-minute increments, staggered by boat number.
o After weigh-in, winners are brought to stage for awards and cash prizes.
Visuals and interview opportunities:
· Anglers participating in and bystanders enjoying three bass fishing events.
· Tournament weigh-ins for participating anglers.
· Interviews with Sam Dean and Brian Seay, co-chairs of the Wolfson Children’s Hospital Bass Tournament Committee.
· Interview with family of patient ambassador Declan Shannon, age 2, who was born with pulmonary atresia with intact ventricular septum and severe right ventricular hypertrophy.
· Interviews with tournament winners once announced.
In 1989, the director of the Plant Facilities department of Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville, along with several others, came up with the tournament as a vehicle to help fund capital improvements and acquisition of advanced technology at Wolfson Children’s, a not-for-profit, pediatric hospital providing world-class care for children and families in North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. The bass tournament has helped Wolfson Children’s Hospital fund specialized treatments, lifesaving technology and capital improvements.
To register for the tournament or enter the bass boat drawing, visit wolfsonbasstournament.com.