Submitted by Suanne Z. Thamm
Reporter – News Analyst
May 22, 2021
The Nassau County Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) and the Fernandina Beach City Commission (FBCC) will convene as the Joint Local Planning Agency (JLPA) for their first meeting in two years at 6:00 p.m. on May 25, 2021 at the James S. Page Government Complex, Nassau County Commission Chambers, 96135 Nassau Place, Yulee, FL 32097.
The published agenda for this meeting indicates that public comment will be allowed.
Specific agenda items include:
- Taco Pope, Nassau County Manager, will present on a variety of topics on behalf of the Board of County Commissioners.
- City Commission Item: Amelia Island Beach Habitat Conservation Plan Assistance Grant – Status
- City Commission Item: Amelia Island Tourist Development Council (AITDC): Infrastructure
Expenditures; City beaches trash pickup.
- City Commission Item: Amelia Island Beachfront Parks Branding Harmonization & Visitor Enhancement Initiative: as it relates to beaches within the City.
- City Commission Item: City of Fernandina Beach Parks and Recreation Facilities Maintenance: Cooperative Funding.
- City Commission Item: Interlocal Agreement: Fernandina Beach Planning Area
- City Commission Item: Municipal Service Taxing Unit (MSTU): Explore amending MSTU (sand tax) to provide for beach walkovers and other beach infrastructure.