Nassau County Emergency Management
January 5, 2020
Editor’s Note: Our thanks to Dave Richardson who responded to our request for a clear step by step process for signing up for vaccine appointments. The best way to be notified quickly of the appointment openings in our opinion, is to first sign up for the text alert (instructions below).
If you have signed up correctly, you will immediately receive a confirmation text. If not, try again. After a successful signup, you will be notified via text when vaccine appointments are opened. We encourage those who know of technically challenged individuals in the 65 and older age group, to reach out and lend a hand.
1) Sign up to receive a text alert about WHEN an individual can go onto www.OneNassau.com to start the process of booking an appointment.
To get alerted each time new appointments are available, text the word NASSAUSAFE to the number 888777.
If you are unable to, or do not wish to, sign up to receive a text alert when vaccine appointments will begin, then monitor our social media sites and OneNassau.com to learn when appointment bookings will begin again.
2) While waiting for the next set of appointments, go to , https://www.onenassau.com/covid-19-vaccine-appointments/and read all of the vaccine information and informed consent details (there are links to each one); print and sign the consent form to take with you to your eventual appointment.
3) When “tickets” become available (a ticket = a dose of vaccine), a text will go out to everyone who signed up for that alert and the CoViD Vaccine website will have a link (a button) to “Get A Ticket” on the EventBrite site.
4) On the EventBrite site, choose the appropriate event (either “healthcare worker” or “over 65 years-of-age”) to claim a ticket. You’ll have several minutes to enter your name, address, phone, and email address then submit it.
5) You’ll receive your ticket via email. It will have further instructions about scheduling your appointment date and time.