September 20, 2019
In observance of National Recovery Month, Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ) will host a Town Hall event to discuss the opioid crisis in Jacksonville. All community members are invited to participate in this event which will feature a screening of the PBS Documentary “Addiction,” followed by a guided discussion with an expert panel of local professionals who are helping to manage and find a solution to the issue.
The event will take place on Friday, September 27, 2019, from 9-11:30 a.m. at the
FSCJ Downtown Campus, Advanced Technology Center, Rooms T-140/141,
401 West State St., Jacksonville, FL 32202
All are welcome and online registration is required. Visit tiny.cc/bs0vcz to register and learn more.
The panel will be moderated by Chelsea Garcia, a member of AmeriCorps VISTA. Panelists include:
- Rico Bodin, Peer Recovery Specialist, Gateway Community Services
- Sally Finn, Executive Director, Drug Free Duval
- Venu Kolli, Pharmacy Manager, Walgreens
- Dan Renaud, Certified Addiction Counselor, Florida Recovery Schools
- Dr. Ron Salem, Jacksonville City Councilman, At-Large – Group 2, and Chair, Opioid Special Committee-Project Save Lives