Barnabas Center Nassau
Contact: Alexandra Winsor,
June 6, 2020
As the major safety net organization for Nassau County residents in need, Barnabas Center is on the front line of helping residents in need during the COVID-19 crisis. Services offered to Nassau County residents with low to moderate incomes include food assistance, financial assistance and urgent medical and dental care.
Food Assistance: A short-term supply of food is provided that may include produce, dairy, meat and nonperishable items, depending on availability:
• Weekly Food Assistance – Monday, CLOSED; Tuesday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (Barnabas Center, 1303 Jasmine Street, Suite 101, Fernandina Beach)
• Weekly Food Assistance: Hilliard – Every Wednesday – 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. – First Baptist Church (15850 CR 108, Hilliard)
• Weekly Food Assistance: Callahan – Every Wednesday – 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – First Baptist Church (45090 Green Avenue, Callahan)
• Weekly Food Assistance: Fernandina Beach – Every Thursday – 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. – Christwalk Church (2920 Bailey Road, Fernandina Beach)
• Bi-Weekly Food Assistance: Yulee – First and third Friday each month – 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Yulee Middle School (85439 Minor Road, Yulee)
• Bi-Weekly Food Assistance: Bryceville – Second and fourth Friday each Month – 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. – Bryceville Community Club (7280 Motes Road, Bryceville)
• Monthly Food Assistance: Fernandina Beach – Second Saturday each month – 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Martin Luther King Center (1200 Elm Street, Fernandina Beach)
Mobile Food Distribution
• Hilliard Food Distribution – 3rd Monday each month – drive through style – Next distribution June 15th – Arrive no earlier than 1:30 p.m. – First Baptist Church (15850 CR 108, Hilliard)
• Callahan Fairgrounds – On hold until further notice.
• Short-term payment assistance with rent, mortgage & utilities payments (electric, water, gas)
• Assistance in applying for public benefits programs, i.e. food stamps and Medicaid
• Referrals & information for additional services
Medical and Dental Care: We provide medical and dental care to adults who are uninsured and do not have a primary care doctor. Please contact us to discuss. For more information about our health services, visit www.barnabasnassau.org/get-help/health-services.
For information about available assistance and eligibility, contact Barnabas at (904) 261-7000, visit www.BarnabasNassau.org, or follow our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/BarnabasNassau. For your safety and others during the pandemic, please call Barnabas for a telephone pre-screening for financial assistance, food stamp and/or Medicaid applications before visiting the office.