Barnabas Center website
April 7, 2020
As the safety net organization for Nassau County residents in need, Barnabas Center is on the front line of helping residents in need during this crisis.
The health and safety of our staff, volunteers and the community are our highest priority. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our food program operations have changed:
Food Pantry – We provide about a 3-day supply of food per household that may include produce, dairy, meat and nonperishable items.
- Food pantry – Hours of operation CHANGED:
- Monday, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.; Tuesday & Wednesday, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.; Thursday & Friday, CLOSED (1303 Jasmine Street, Suite 101, Fernandina Beach).
Mobile Food Distribution
- Hilliard Food Distribution – 3rd Monday each month – Drive through style
- Next distribution: April 20th – Arrive no earlier than 10:30 a.m. – First Baptist Church, Hilliard (15850 CR 108, Hilliard FL, 32046).
- Callahan Food Distribution – Cancelled until further notice
Weekly Mobile Food Assistance – First come, First Served
- Hilliard – Every Wednesday – Distributed through the Barnabas Mobile Health Van
- Starting April 8th from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. – First Baptist Church, Hilliard (15850 CR 108, Hilliard, FL 32046).
- Callahan – Every Wednesday – Distributed through the Barnabas Mobile Health Van
- Starting April 8th from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – First Baptist Church, Callahan (45090 Green Avenue, Callahan, FL 32011).
- Fernandina Beach – Every Thursday – Distributed through the Barnabas Mobile Health Van
- Starting April 9th from 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. – First Baptist Church, Fernandina Beach (1600 8th street, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034).
For more information, please contact us at (904) 261-7000 or [email protected] For your safety and others, please call us for a telephone pre-screening for crisis assistance, food stamp and/or Medicaid applications before visiting our office.