FSCJ Media Release
October 8, 2021
WHAT: Florida State College at Jacksonville’s (FSCJ) Center for Civic Engagement will host “College and COVID-19: Teaching and Learning in the New Normal,” a virtual town hall with a guided discussion from a panel of local college and university presidents and their Student Government Association (SGA) presidents.
They will reflect on the agility their institutions have displayed over the course of the pandemic while they transitioned to the new normal in teaching and learning, as well as necessary shifts that were made in institutional operations.
- Dr. John Avendano, President, FSCJ
- Dr. Melanie Brown, Provost/Chief Academic Officer, St. Johns River State College
- Dr. Pam Chally, Interim President, University of North Florida
- Mr. Tim Cost, President, Jacksonville University
- Ms. Selma Besirevic, Student Government President, University of North Florida
- Mr. Sabrian Edwards, SGA President, St. Johns River State College
- Ms. Serinna Meister, SGA President, Jacksonville University
- Ms. Breana White, SGA President, FSCJ
The event will be moderated by FSCJ Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer/Executive Director of Employee Relations Lisa Moore, J.D., Associate Director of the FSCJ Center for Civic Engagement Dr. Jametoria Burton and FSCJ Phi Theta Kappa President Ms. Clare Thomas.
WHEN: Friday, October 29, 2021, 10-11:30 a.m.
WHERE: Online – Visit fscjpresidenttownhall_2021.eventbrite.com
to register. The WebEx link will be provided upon registration.