January 14, 2020
Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ), in partnership with Earn Up/JAXUSA, the University of North Florida, Duval County Public Schools, Nassau County School District, Year Up Jacksonville and City Year Jacksonville, will host Form Your Future: FAFSA Ready, Set, Go!, a free event that helps college-bound students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
This event provides free, in-person, financial aid guidance to help all incoming students and/or their parents/guardians prepare for a smooth transition to begin college. Participating colleges and universities will be giving away more than $10,000 in scholarships to Form Your Future participants.
WHEN: Saturday, January 25, 2020
9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Complimentary breakfast will be available at the Advanced Technology Center location beginning at 9 a.m. (while supplies last).
FSCJ Advanced Technology Center
401 W. State St.
Jacksonville, FL 32202
FSCJ Nassau Center
76346 William Burgess Blvd.
Yulee, FL 32097
Featured sessions include:
- Financial Aid 101: Learn about eligibility guidelines, application processes and responsible use of financial aid. Discuss your questions in small roundtable settings.
- FAFSA & FSA ID Completion Assistance: Request a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA) and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with assistance from experienced staff and volunteers.
- Plan for Career and Financial Success: Gain valuable insights about searching and applying for college scholarships. Hear from community partner Earn Up/JAXUSA about in-demand skills and high-growth job opportunities in northeast Florida.
- Gap Year: Exploring Work-Based Learning Opportunities: Hear from City Year Jacksonville and Year Up Jacksonville staff and students about the opportunity to participate in an engaging, yearlong work-based learning program. Attendees will also learn how the experience is enriching the lives of recent participants, local schools and businesses.
Professional financial aid staff and counselors will be on hand to help with all stages of the application process. In order to complete the FAFSA, guardians and students should bring the following:
- Social Security number, driver’s license or alien registration card
- 2018 IRS 1040 or latest tax return and W-2 statements
- Federal Student Aid ID (Don’t have one? Create one at fsaid.ed.gov.)