Submitted by Suanne Z. Thamm
According to the City manager’s office, city street resurfacing will get underway on Monday, June 24, 2013 in the following areas:
- South 3rd Street – Ash to Gum
- West 5th Street – Fletcher to West End
- North Fletcher – Atlantic to Trout (includes Main Beach Parking)
- Allen Street – First Avenue to South Fletcher and the Beach Access
- North Casino – First Avenue to South Fletcher and the Beach Access
- South Casino – First Avenue to South Fletcher and the Beach Access
- Simmons Road Beach Access
- Hutchins Avenue – First Avenue to South Fletcher and Beach Access
The anticipated completion date is Friday, June 28, 2013.
Beginning next week City workers will place door hangers on residential and business properties in the affected areas. The City requests that individuals do not park within 5 feet of the edge of the pavement during this period.
For questions or additional information, please contact City of Fernandina Beach Maintenance Manager Rex Lester at (904) 277-7387 or (904) 277-7389 or email him at [email protected]
June 14, 2013 3:10 p.m.