As the major safety net organization for Nassau County residents in need, Barnabas Center is on the front line of helping residents in need during the COVID-19 crisis. Services offered to Nassau County residents with low to moderate incomes include food assistance, financial assistance, and medical and dental care.
Food Assistance: We provide about a 3-day supply of food per household that may include produce, dairy, meat and nonperishable items. – For more information about our food programs, visit www.BarnabasNassau.org.
Food Pantry – (1303 Jasmine Street, Suite 101, Fernandina Beach) Hours of operation – Monday, CLOSED; Tuesday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m
Upcoming Food Distributions:
- February 8th – Springhill Baptist Church (941017 Old Nassauville Road Fernandina Beach, FL 32034) 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (In partnership with Feeding Northeast Florida)
- February 13th – Martin Luther King Center (1200 Elm Street, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034) 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. (In partnership with Elm Street Sportsman Association, Elm St. Church of God, First Missionary Baptist Church, Third Mt. Zion Church, and Trinity United Methodist Church.
- February 15th – First Baptist Church, Hilliard (15850 CR 108, Hilliard, FL 32046) 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. (In partnership with Feeding Northeast Florida, Bryceville First Baptist Church, and River Road Baptist Church)
- February 20th – Greater Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church (45031 Historical Ln, Callahan, FL 32011) 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- February 25th – Mt. Olive Baptist Church (49167 Mt. Olive Road, Kings Ferry, FL 32046) 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (In partnership with Mt. Horeb Baptist Church, St. James Baptist Church and Hisbon Baptist Church)
For information about available assistance and eligibility, contact Barnabas at (904) 261-7000, visit www.BarnabasNassau.org, or follow our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/BarnabasNassau. For your safety and others during the pandemic, please call Barnabas for a telephone pre-screening for financial assistance, food stamp and/or Medicaid applications before visiting the office.