Barnabas Center Nassau
Contact: Alexandra Winsor
July 1, 2020
As the major safety net organization for Nassau County residents in need, Barnabas Center is on the front line of helping residents in need during the COVID-19 crisis. Services offered to Nassau County residents with low to moderate incomes include food assistance, financial assistance and urgent medical and dental care.
Food Assistance: The Barnabas Center food distribution schedule is changing effective July 1st. In partnership with Feeding Northeast Florida and the Farmer’s and You Co-op, our new schedule is as follows:
• Barnabas Food Pantry Hours of Operation: Monday, CLOSED; Tuesday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. (Barnabas Center, 1303 Jasmine Street, Suite 101, Fernandina Beach)
• Mobile Food Assistance: Elm Street – Second Saturday each month – Next Distribution, July 11th – 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. – Martin Luther King Center (1200 Elm Street, Fernandina Beach)
• Mobile Food Assistance: Fernandina Beach – Third Wednesday each month – Next Distribution, July 15th – 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Springhill Baptist Church (941017 Old Nassauville Road, Fernandina Beach)
• Mobile Food Assistance: Hilliard – Third Monday each month – Next Distribution, July 20th – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. – First Baptist Church, Hilliard (15850 CR-108, Hilliard)
• Mobile Food Assistance: Bryceville – Fourth Wednesday each Month – Next Distribution, July 22nd – 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Bryceville Baptist Church (7732 US Hwy 301, Bryceville)
• Short-term payment assistance with rent, mortgage & utilities payments (electric, water, gas)
• Assistance in applying for public benefits programs, i.e. food stamps and Medicaid
• Referrals & information for additional services
Medical and Dental Care: We provide medical and dental care to adults who are uninsured and do not have a primary care doctor. Please contact us to discuss. For more information about our health services, visit www.barnabasnassau.org/get-help/health-services.
For information about available assistance and eligibility, contact Barnabas at (904) 261-7000, visit www.BarnabasNassau.org, or follow our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/BarnabasNassau. For your safety and others during the pandemic, please call Barnabas for a telephone pre-screening for financial assistance, food stamp and/or Medicaid applications before visiting the office.