from The County Insider
Office of the Nassau County Manager
April 27, 2022
In May 2017, the Nassau County Board adopted a resolution creating the Essential Housing Advisory Committee (formerly known as the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee) to review affordable housing and strategize on ways to bring more affordable housing to our community.
There are currently two vacant positions on the Essential Housing Advisory Board. Florida Statutes, Chapter 420.9076, mandates that the committee be comprised of at least eight, but no more than eleven members.
Below are background/criteria recommended for the new appointments:
- A citizen who is actively engaged in the banking or mortgage industry with a connection to affordable
- A citizen who is a representative of those areas of labor actively engaged in home building in
- connection with affordable housing
- A citizen who is actively engaged as an advocate for low-income persons in connection with
- affordable housing
- A citizen who is actively engaged as a for-profit provider of affordable housing
- A citizen who represents employers within the jurisdiction
If you meet any of the above criteria and are interested in serving, please email your resume to Joshua Macbeth at [email protected] by the close of business on Wednesday, May 11, 2022.
EHAC meets on the third Wednesday of every month at 4:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers located at 96135 Nassau Place, Yulee, FL 32097. These are volunteer positions therefore, members do not receive any compensation for their time and/or service.
If you have any questions, please contact the Planning Department at (904) 530-6300.
Public Information Officer