Submitted by Suanne Z. Thamm
Reporter – News Analyst
December 12, 2019
The City of Fernandina Beach is anticipating construction downtown, at the beach, and at the marina in early 2020. Additionally, it will begin work on a beach habitat conservation plan.
This month the City of Fernandina Beach is scheduled to open responses to three advertised bids for construction and demolition services at the beach and at the marina. The responses for beach work must be submitted no later than 2:00 p.m. on December 19. The marina bid period will close on December 23 at 2:00 p.m.
- ITB 19-24 BEACH WALKOVERS 2S, 5S, 8N, 9N
- ITB 19-25 MAIN BEACH BOARDWALK
- ITB 19-27 NORTHERN ATTENUATOR REMOVE AND INSTALL DOCKS AND DOCK PILES
Two additional bids will be opened in early January 2020:
- ITB 19-31 RAILROAD SIDEWALK FRONT STREET (January 3)
- RFP 2019-06 AMELIA ISLAND BEACH HABITAT CONSERVATION PLAN (January 9)
For additional information on responding to these bids or on what type of work will be awarded, consult the City website .