March 11, 2022
WHAT: Florida State College at Jacksonville’s (FSCJ) DramaWorks will present a new script based on another collaboration between Tim Gilmore, FSCJ Professor of English and Ken McCulough, FSCJ Professor of Theatre. This will be Professor Ken McCulough’s 55th production with FSCJ DramaWorks and will be his last show at FSCJ as he retires this year.
For information and ticket reservations, call (904) 646-2222
- COST: Tickets are $10 for the general public
- Tickets are $5 for FSCJ faculty/staff and students (2 tickets per valid FSCJ ID) IN ADVANCE. $10 at the door
- WHEN: Thursday, March 31, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, April 1, 2022, at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 2, 2022, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 3, 2022, at 2 p.m.
- WHERE: Florida State College at Jacksonville-South Campus
- Nathan H. Wilson Center for the Arts
- 11901 Beach Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32246
About the play and the production: The Mad Atlas of Virginia King tells the true story of the strange and urgent woman who tried to capture the city of Jacksonville, Florida in a single book. She marched across town daily, taking crooked and blurred photographs of old buildings about to be demolished. She wrote several versions of her book, the last containing more than 8,000 pages. Few people knew what she was up to, but they took cover when they saw her coming.
The FSCJ DramaWorks production of “The Mad Atlas of Virginia King” features 14 student and alumni actors and eight student crew members from all areas of the First Coast and directed by Professor of Theatre Ken McCulough.