Nassau County Sheriff’s Office
February 8, 2022
The Receptionist/Records Specialist functions as the first opportunity to make a positive impact upon citizens who call or visit the Nassau County Sheriff’s Office (NCSO) facilities. The Receptionist/Records Specialist performs clerical duties and tasks specific to the position. The Receptionist/Records Specialist shall determine the true needs of the citizen, ensuring the citizen is relayed to the appropriate agency member to fulfill their needs with the first telephone transfer or in-person referral. It is incumbent upon the Receptionist/Records Specialist to answer all telephones within four (4) rings and provide pleasant, professional, and courteous responses and directions to all citizens. The Receptionist/Records Specialist shall dress professionally.
An important and essential job function of the position is attitude and includes maintaining the strictest confidentiality while working as a team member, interacting positively and cooperating with co-workers, responding politely to the citizens of Nassau County as well as any and all visitors to the NCSO, functioning under intense time pressure and responding in a positive manner to supervision.
The Receptionist/Records Specialist will perform administrative, operations, public relations and other clerical duties and tasks specific to Public Records Requests and shall have the physical, mental and emotional abilities to perform the essential job duties of the position.
• Answer phones & relay messages • Greets Visitors
• Relay accurate information • Provide referrals to the public
• Collect Cash Payments/Issue Receipts • Ensure cleanliness of the lobby
• Maintain office phone list • Assist other NCSO staff members
• Readily recognize prominent citizens • Maintain Public Records Request Log
• Process Public Records Request • Perform Record Searches
• Ticket transmittals to the Clerk of Courts • Maintain money logs
• Provide support and perform related duties as directed by the NCSO’s Administrative staff
Note: The omission of a specific duty does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
Education, Professional Certification or License:
• High School or GED
• Valid Florida driver’s license
• Supplemental course work in the clerical, customer service and/or legal fields – Preferred
• Experience operating a multiline telephone or switchboard system – Preferred
• Proficiency of keyboarding at least 35 words per minute – Preferred
• Customer service experience – Preferred
• Works in an office environment with normal stress levels
• Works in an office environment with constant activity
Abilities and Skills:
• Provide exceptional customer service • Speak, read and write English
• Remember details • Use discretion / Confidentiality
• Operate office equipment • Recognize public officials
• Receptionist/Records Clerk /Clerical • Interpersonal
• Organizational • Telephone/Computer; keyboarding
• Basic mathematical • Basic English grammar
• Subject matter • Filing system
• Speak, read and write English understandably • Manual dexterity
• Accurately read, write and articulate numbers • Ambulate independently
• Lift / drag / carry <50 lbs. • Walk
• See at normal range (or with accommodation) • Sit for long periods
• Hear at normal level (or with accommodation) • Bend / squat / kneel / reach
Reasonable accommodation(s) will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Weekends and Holidays Off
Rate of Pay:
• Starting Annual Salary $32, 500.00
• Hourly rate $15.625
• Longevity Pay $250.00 per year of service with NCSO as of 09/30
(Yearly Budget Approval)
• Long Term Disability
• Paid Time Off
• Florida Retirement System (FRS)
The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.