Notify of
guest
This site uses User Verification plugin to reduce spam. See how your comment data is processed.

13 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Charlene Todd
Charlene Todd
9 months ago

Thank you for this wonderful message about love for others. Sounds like a beautiful place.

Lynda Bell
Lynda Bell
9 months ago

Thank you for sharing your experience and the 9/11 history. What a beautiful place!

Tammi Kosack
Tammi Kosack
9 months ago

It’s hard typing a comment due to the tears in my eyes. Thank you Peggy for this rich description of your wonderful other home, and allowing some of us to do some armchair traveling. The place and the community shared are equally astounding.

Jay Kayne
Jay Kayne
9 months ago

A complete video of the stage production of “Come From Away” is now playing on Apple+ TV. Highly recommended!!

Trudie Richards
Trudie Richards
9 months ago

Wow. Thank you Peggy. I felt as though I’d been there with you.

Susan Carmichael
Susan Carmichael
9 months ago

The musical Come From Away, the story of the ‘plane people’ and their empathetic and generous Gander hosts is coming to the Times Union Center in December. It’s a wonderful, inspiring, lighthearted, feel good show.

Deborah
Deborah
9 months ago

Wonderful story. Thank you!

Peggy Bulger
Peggy Bulger
9 months ago

Jay, Also, the FSCJ Broadway Series is presenting the live touring musical of “Come From Away” at the TU Center (December 7-12) . . . I’ve seen it on Broadway, and I’m going again!!

Nicholas Velvet
Nicholas Velvet
9 months ago

I only know of one book and that is the day the world came to town: 9/11 in gander Newfoundland a paperback. What are the other two books? I’d love to read those as well. Simple random acts of kindness will change this crazy world not yet more government proclamations

Joe Blanchard
Joe Blanchard
9 months ago

Wonderful story! During my day in the Navy, we would pull into St Johns each month when I was on an Oceanographic Research Ship and I really enjoyed Argentia as well. Great and hardy people.

Teri Springer
Teri Springer
9 months ago

There is no single group of people who embrace the meaning of being a part of humanity more thoroughly than the residents of Newfoundland….and there is nothing quite like the Newfie sense of humour. (I’m from Nova Scotia).

Peggy Bulger
Peggy Bulger
9 months ago

Nickolas, there are two new books that just came out this summer (20th anniversary). If you contact the Gander Tourist Center or the Gander Public Library, they will have the titles.

Margo Story
Margo Story
9 months ago

What a wonderful story, would love to visit sometime…..thank you Peggy!!

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x