Art in the Park
Submitted by Sandra Dawson
July 11, 2021
St. Mary’s, Ga. Waterfront Park. Every other Saturday starting July, 3, 2021 at 10am. Local artist and educator, Sandra Dawson, will provide complimentary art lessons including study of art masters and history as well as exploring different art mediums. Lessons will be at the waterfront park weather permitting.
* Arts programs are constantly being cut from shrinking school budgets even though they’re proven to improve academics.
* Pandemic has increased the need and accessibility for “hands-on” arts.
* Arts studies contribute toward higher educational achievements.
* In the countries of Japan, Hungary, Netherlands test scores are highest worldwide because arts education are mandatory programs.
* Arts education contributes toward helping keep high-risk dropout students in school and toward success.
* Arts education promotes creativity, social development, personality adjustment, and self-worth.
Ms. Dawson has been teaching for more than 25 years in both the public and private sectors. She has helped implement art programs in schools which lacked arts education programs, funding or both locally and nationally. She has a passion for teaching visual arts to children, especially to those where art is not accessible. She has successfully owned art studios and galleries in Fernandina Beach, Florida, where she resides. Find her studio locally at Olde Towne Gallery in downtown historical St. Mary’s, 304 Osborne Street, next door to Cedar Oak Cafe.
Sandra Dawson has a mission to provide visual arts curriculums complimentary to any child ages 5-18. She welcomes any local business wishing to contribute toward any future art lessons or events. Also, Sandra Dawson will be hosting a “Children’s Art Exhibit” for the month of August 2021. Theme is “Pandemic: What It Meant to Me”. Submissions are being accepted at Olde Towne Gallery through Wednesday, July 28, 2021. For more information contact Sandra Dawson directly at (904) 440-6290 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Instagram: mssandrasartclasses