Submitted by Suanne Z. Thamm
Reporter – News Analyst
May 6, 2019 9:00 a.m.
The City of Fernandina Beach on May 3 posted an Invitation To Bid (ITB) 19-07 to remove and replace the northern attenuator of the Fernandina Harbor Marina. The City will receive sealed competitive submittals until no later than 2:00 pm, June 4, 2019. A mandatory pre-bid meeting will be held at 10:00 am, May 16, 2019 at the City of Fernandina Beach Marina, 3 South Front Street, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034.
The award recommendation will be made to the most responsive and responsible bidder offering the best value. The City reserves the right, based upon its deliberations and in its opinion, to accept or reject any or all proposals. The City also reserves the right to waive minor irregularities or variations to the specifications and in the bidding process.
The Successful Bidder must have a Business License in the city where their home office is located. If the Bidder’s business office is located in the City of Fernandina Beach a business tax license is required.
The city has identified the scope of work as follows:
- Remove existing pilings (21) and attenuator (approximately 300’) and dispose appropriately.
- Remove existing floating building platform (approximately 1,400 square feet; concrete).
- Transport (from St. Johns Boat Company, 9852 Heckscher Drive) and install owner-supplied pilings (13; 80-foot long, 30-inch diameter steel) and attenuator (five, 60-foot concrete Marinetek manufactured sections).
- Transport (from aforementioned location) and install two sixty-foot floating concrete building sections.
- The pile installation will follow DOT guidelines.
The City will assume responsibility for all local permits. State and Federal permits have already been issued.
Questions regarding the Bid requirements or process can be directed in writing to Wanda Weaks, Purchasing Agent, at firstname.lastname@example.org.