By Susan Hardee Steger
November 14, 2017 9:25 a.m.
Nassau County’s Economic Development Board (NCEDB) used the occasion of last night’s Rayonier’s grand opening celebration to present it’s 2016-2017 annual report to community and business leaders in attendance. NCEDB worked closely with Rayonier A.M. and Borregaard to bring LignoTech Florida to Nassau County.
Laura DiBella, executive director, gave an overview of the 2016-2017 Annual Report. The accomplishments follow:
- In 2017, Nassau County saw its unemployment rate decline from 4.8% in the previous year, to 3.2%.
- 1,252 jobs were added. Of those jobs, 331 jobs were through the direct efforts of the NCEDB.
- “[LignoTech Florida], the largest project completed in the history of the NCEDB was announced December of 2016.”
- Over $175 million in direct capital investment committed county wide during fiscal year Oct 2016, through Sept 30, 2017. Of the $175 million, $135 million was from LignoTech Florida.
- From January to September of 2017, “Capital Formation” investments in small businesses stands at $3.7 million.